India a 'must visit' destination for people from Asia Pacific

New Delhi, July 16: India has emerged as one of the top five travel destinations for the people of Asia Pacific, a new survey has said.

The survey, commissioned by Visa, had asked people from Asia Pacific countries to list their top 'must visit' destinations.

Out of 4,500 people, who were surveyed, Australia came top on the list of 'must visit' countries with 63 per cent of the respondents opting for it. It was followed by Singapore (42 per cent), New Zealand (41 per cent), Japan (40 per cent) and India (27 per cent).

"In recent years, India has become an important destination on the global tourist map with more than two million foreign visitors between January and May 2008," said Santanu Mukherjee, country manager, South Asia, Visa Asia Pacific.

Domestic tourism proved a big draw for the tourists with more than half of the Indian respondents in the survey expressing interest in exploring their own country.

Indian respondents preferred India in their top priority list with 53 per cent women and 49 per cent men wanting to explore the well known tourism destinations of India.

India also emerged as a big draw among the Indian youth with more than 53 per cent of those belonging to the age group of 35 years opting India as 'must see' destinations.






Sourced : http://www.expressindia.com




Send in your feedback at mailto:visitors.feedback@gmail.com

2 comments:

SHUBHAJIT said...

Thanks for your comment in my blog. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I have recently visited you blog and I think the blog is very informative as well as unique in its content.

I agree to the headlines "India a 'must visit' destination for people from Asia Pacific". Obviously India is a very beautiful nation.

Well I represent bpo company india, I am here to search for cheap hotels in Jodhpur. Can any one right here help me or suggest me a hotel in Jodhpur where I can reside and spend my holidays with my family.

I will be very much glad to receive the response.

Thanking You,
Meeta Singh